It is the start of the new year and a new decade is upon us as well. Furthermore, this month contains a palindrome.
What’s a palindrome? According to News Today, Aziz Inan, Professor at the University of Portland, defines a palindrome as a date that “has the unique distinction of reading the same backward and forward when written out in eight digits in multiple date systems.” 
This past Sunday’s date is a palindrome: 02-02-2020. Furthermore, it reads the same internationally as in the United States. Most international dates are written as Date/Month/Year whereas in the United States we note it as Month/Date/Year. We will not see a palindrome happen again until 03-03-3030, and the last occurrence was 900+ years ago on 11-11-1111.
What a coincidence! Or, is it? Only OUR MAJESTIC GOD could do something this amazing, and that’s what I’d like to discuss.
All of these unusual occurrences point us not only to newness, and to the uniqueness of the time and space we live in, but also to the MAJESTY of our God who framed this universe. Only He could set us here, in this new decade, of this new year, with this rare palindrome occurring at the beginning of this year and decade. The God who made this decade possible, with its unique characteristics, desires to make His majesty known to and through us.
In 2 Peter 1:17, the author pens, “For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.” We also are eyewitnesses—although we cannot at this time except through a vision, dream, or other supernatural occurrence—see Jesus face-to-face, we do, nonetheless, see His hand in creation. Our invisible God is here.
God’s majestic works are evident as we go about our everyday life, and if you are like me—the new year, new decade, and the palindrome occurring at the same time, makes me wonder how I can partner with Him to make His majesty known. God is counting on us to make Him known…This is our primary assignment.
Can we succeed? The answer is, “Yes!”
So, the first question you might want to ask Him is—”Am I saved? Have I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior and Lord?” You can partner with Him if you’ve done so. So now is a great opportunity to get saved.
God loves to give second chances. In fact, He works His grace into our lives every day, not only on the day we are saved. Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
Make the decision that John 3:16-17 will be your verse for this new decade and year. Confess with your mouth, “Jesus, be my LORD. I acknowledge Your payment for my sins that You freely gave as You died on Calvary’s cross. Thank You that You have been resurrected, and You are alive right now. I accept Your invitation to live spiritually and I invite You to be my Lord.”
The next topic you might want to pray about is, “What are the opportunities God has ordained for me to accomplish?” Paul writes in Ephesians 1:18b NKJV, “That you might know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.”
God has a calling on each of our lives, friends. He has specific tasks for us to do. Paul writes, “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10 NKJV)”
As I prayed at the end of December, God gave me a word for this year. It was, in fact, “MAJESTY,” the focus of this newsletter. I wasn’t sure at first when God spoke this into my spirit that this was from Him because I wasn’t praying about it. But then, a song started playing about His majesty, and the next day a friend penned “majesty” in a post I was reading.
I got it! God wants me to celebrate His MAJESTY this year.
Perhaps “MAJESTY” can be a word you would like ponder with me….
As I write this, my thoughts are that only our majestic God could accomplish what we have seen so far, and we have just begun. His awesomeness extends beyond these rare events aforementioned. On the world scene events are happening that did not seem possible. The capital being moved to Jerusalem, for example, seemed to be an impossibility. But it happened.
God’s majestic deeds go beyond the collision of a new year, a new decade, and the rare occurrence of a palindrome all at the same time. His majestic presence empowers us to partner with Him to do the rare or the impossible task.
Therefore, take the limits off what you can imagine accomplishing!
I could not imagine that in my lifetime I would see a palindrome at the beginning of a new year and this coinciding with a new decade. Oh, I could have looked this up and then I would have known, but this scenario was not even in my head….
Friend, reach your hand high and praise God for the majesty that defines who He is! Accept 20-20 vision as you navigate the mission He has uniquely designed you to do. There will be realms of His glory you can step into that can make your project possible. Know that The Majestic One desires to empower you as long as your goal is to make Him known.
I’d like to leave you with three of my favorite Scriptures that will remind you of the majesty of our God. Perhaps you’ll want to post these Scriptures on your makeup mirror:
- Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; For all that is in the heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and You are exalted as head over all. (1 Chronicles 29:11 NKJV)
- For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. (2 Peter 1:17 NKJV)
- To God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen. (Jude 25 NKJV)
- Lee Ann Mancini’s video series, SeaKids, is ready for your children to watch. Yippee, Lee Ann! That is a huge accomplishment!
- Pastor Victor Marcos continues to provide translations of our devotions for our Hispanic section. Please welcome your friends into the VineWords family. Thank you, brother Victor!
- Stephanie Pavlantos’ book, Jewels of Hebrews, has been sent to acquisitions editors/agents and she is waiting to hear news back. Yay, Stephanie! Please pray favor. If you are a writer you know this can be a nail-biting process.
- Two of Glenda Shouse’s devotions have been accepted for publication at PresbyCan Daily Devotionals, and Christian Devotions Ministries. Yay, Glenda!
Also, I decided to adjust the frequency of our newsletter to every other month. But in order for our random drawings to be fair, we will select TWO winners whose names will be announced in the VineWords Newsletter.
RECENT DEVOTION LINKS
- Sandra Stein El Centavo https://vinewords.net/espanol-contributor-sandra-stein-el-centavo-the-penny/
- Diane Virginia Tobaganes de Auga Casera https://vinewords.net/espanol-diane-virginia-tobaganes-de-agua-casera-slip-n-slides/
- Maria Henriksen Finding Peace to Overcome https://vinewords.net/contributor-maria-henriksen-finding-peace-to-overcome/
- Diane Virginia Prayers for Bessie https://vinewords.net/prayers-for-bessie-short/
- Ed Chappelle Father, Are We There Yet? https://vinewords.net/contributor-ed-chappelle-father-are-we-there-yet/
January’s Winner: ED CHAPPELLE is the winner of the handcrafted sterling silver bracelet by VineWords Jewelry. Yay ED! We are certain your wife Kym will enjoy her new bracelet.
March/April Random Drawing: We need subscribers! Therefore, our next drawing focuses on this need. Please message me the name of each friend you invite to subscribe to VineWords. Even if your friend declines, YOUR NAME will be entered in the drawing as a thank you for your kindness. If your friend does subscribe, his/her name will also be added to random drawing.